Wednesday, July 15, 2015

For My Husband

I just wanna give a little shout out to my absolutely amazing husband. I have had a huge dream to be a photographer for what seems like my whole life. In middle school I got my first camera, and in high school, I started my own little business called Heather Marie Photography. It was not a huge success and I had to work SO hard for a few years to always be stepping up my game to learn all the skills I needed to be the photographer I knew I wanted to be.
I had started to be a little successful just a couple of years ago, getting word out, and started actually charging people for photo shoots. I got a nice camera and saved my money to get all kinds of different accessories for it.
About a year ago, I had kind of given up on this dream. I felt so discouraged that it wasn't taking off like I had hoped. I wasn't just instantly becoming famous like the few photographers I aspired to be like. I took jobs as they came, but I didn't promote myself, and basically just gave up. Then I met my husband. He took a look at my work and told me how great it was. He told me he didn't think I knew how good my photos were and how blessed I was with such a talent. He told me that I couldn't give up, that I needed to keep trying, and I could be just like the photographers I loved! I doubted for a couple of months, thinking he was just being nice. Then I took it to heart. I started promoting myself. I decided to try again. I started to "fake it 'til I made it". I redesigned my website, my Facebook page, and advertised in all the ways I thought possible! And guess what. I'm making progress. I have more weddings and photo shoots than I can count booked just in the rest of this year!! I am even taking a HUGE step and getting paid to take a trip to California to be the photographer for a beautiful wedding! I'm SO incredibly grateful for that push my husband gave me, and for the support and love he gives me each and every day. Thank you, Kyler. I wouldn't be where I am now without you. I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment